Wednesday 20 May 2020

Theakston Award Long List

Thanks to Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival we have bought more books. They have published their ‘long list’ for this year’s competition. No festival of course, just the competition and in consequence more books to read. There are only eighteen in the ‘long list’! On 4th June this will be shortened to a mere six, from which the winner will be chosen. My aim always is to read as many as possible and with luck those will end up in the last six. There will be some that I will pick up, maybe read a couple of chapters and decide it is not for me. I have the temerity to chose not to read one or two. I have read five already and have started to read The Whisper Man by Alex North or will I discard it before the end? If I don't enjoy the reading of it then I put it down and look for something that suits.



No comments:

Post a Comment