Tuesday 5 December 2023

FROM LEGAL JUSTICE ON LEAD AMMUNITION

 Good morning!

 
This is just a last reminder, please, to find the time, maybe 30 minutes, to respond to the Health and Safety Executive consultation on the use of lead ammunition. 
 
You may think we are banging on about this too much, but we feel that there is a good chance of getting real and valuable changes if we all respond to the consultation. If this opportunity is missed then there will be another five, maybe 10, maybe more, years of unnecessary lead contamination of food and the environment. 
 
We've done our best to make responding to the consultation quick and easy and we've published our advice on our blog today - click here.
 
Thank you to hundreds of you, not yet thousands, who have already responded. Here's what half a dozen of you said:
 
'Today’s [Wild Justice] newsletter is the best guide I’ve seen on how to respond to a consultation!' - a journalist (yes a real journalist!)
'I am impressed by the Wild Justice blast this morning. Let’s hope it gets proper response from your readers.' - a shooter who wants lead banned.
'Thanks for the guidance on responding to this consultation - I wouldn't have had a clue on some of the questions!' - a Wild Justice newsletter subscriber
'Thank you for drawing my attention to the public consultation' - a Wild Justice newsletter subscriber 
'Thanks for your help and guidance. I used a combination of your suggested points, edited/reworded, and my own thoughts and views. Yes, it took several go's to get it done but this one feels very important to have a say on. Thanks for all you all do'  - a Wild Justice newsletter subscriber
'I have responded to the consultation on the use of lead ammunition. I was very pleased to have the chance to do this with your assistance. It is not something I would have felt confident about doing without some guidance. I know what I feel, but not necessarily the appropriate form of response, what Qs I could ignore etc as these things are somewhat bamboozling. So your advice was great!' - a Wild Justice newsletter subscriber
 
 
Here is the link to our blog - click here.
 
The consultation ends at midnight on Sunday - this is your chance to make a difference.
 
Thank you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment