Thursday 3 September 2020

THE BOOK OF TRESPASS - Crossing The Lines That Divide Us

This book is beautiful. As soon as it came out of the wrapping, it looked good. I ran my fingers over the sleeve; felt the slightly embossed lettering and the weight in my hand. I love a new book. When closed, the black lines of illustrations, are revealed. Dividers in a book the same as lines ‘that divide us’ in our real world.





‘Wilding’ by Isabella Tree and ‘Who Owns Britain’ by Guy Shrubsole will keep it company on my desk. 


Nick Hayes, author, illustrator, print maker and political cartoonist will make his views very clear in his book. I am looking forward to savouring it and examining his views. The ‘right to roam’, the disregard for the presence of footpaths and the context in which they have existed has interested me for years.


A book to enjoy or it will it simply increase my disgust in the way our countryside is treated. I will certainly review.


Bloomsbury Circus, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc are to be congratulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment