Sunday 13 July 2014

Ledbury's Thirteenth Poetry Slam

Ledbury's Thirteenth Poetry Slam.
What a stormer this evening was! I had not intended to go to it but I went even knowing that it was a sell out, but who knows. As I walked up to the Market Theatre I saw a man in a top hat with something yellow in his hand. He was said that he was too nervous to eat a meal but needed to eat something. It's amazing how bright and yellow bananas actually are. The man in the tatty hat was Marcus Moore the co-conspirator with Sara-jane Arbury who run these slams together and it was fortunate that I spoke to him. He said I have a plan. I will get you in and so it was that I was chosen to have a very special seat with another lucky chap to sit on the stage just behind the performers to give a mark which reflected the audience's appreciation. In plain language how much clapping, hooting, hollering and whistling issued forth from the packed auditorium or even more simply how much bloody noise they made.
I take my hat (and Marcus's titfer too) to all the performers. They were all good, some were better and some were outstanding. As an event and as pure entertainment with audience participation I think that it was the best I have seen for a long time. Excellent it all was and I didn't have to pay. So you can say it does not pay to plan too far ahead.
.















No comments:

Post a Comment