Monday 6 February 2012

A Quick Round-Up

The weather here in Spain is the coldest we have known but the sun is shining brightly although the wind chill gives a sharp edge to the air.

This week-end has seen the start of 'The Six Nations' Rugby Tournament. The English scrambled a win at Murrayfield-against the 'old enemy'- for which I was delighted about. I think that the reality may kick in later on when we are further tested by stronger teams. Yesterday, I watched Ireland narrowly lose to Wales and I cried in my Guinness but they were very worthy winners. It will be interesting to see how this Welsh side goes against the French. I am looking forward with anticipation.

Last Friday The Stanza Mar Menor poetry group travelled down to Portman to view the old mine workings and see at first hand the poisoning of the ground that had resulted from the extraction of minerals, the run off and the disposal of waste matter. The wind blew, fingers and hands were too cold to write although the imagination was stirred. We will have to see what words appear on paper. 'Nature' is our project for the time being.

Tomorrow evening I host our 7th 'Open Mic' and I am always anxious in the hours approaching any of these events. We shall see what outcome will be although I am considering a change of format because to stand still is to lose ground. I think that I need to progress it much more. This will be with the help of friends and fellow writers. In the meantime I should write something poetic!

That is enough for now but hopefully some birding this week when the wind is less.

No comments:

Post a Comment