Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Morning After The Open Mic

I am always anxious before hosting this event but the truth is quite simply that there is no need to worry. We had  a 'cracking' evening with some very fine writers and performers making excellent contributions. There were some memorable moments with three new faces appearing and reading. It is always pleasing to see and hear new participants. Well done and thank you.

The first part of the 'open mic' started with me reading two poems both on the nature theme and by the time the whole room had participated in was nine o'clock. A member of the Stanaz Mar Menor poetry group had already written on our visit to Portman and she had two entries in the Wordplay competition as well. She has been so prolific.

I have praise for all participants and thank them for making all my efforts worthwhile. I think this was the best evening that I have hosted.

I am now looking forward to progressing the reach of such evenings and how other ideas can be introduced.

Maybe I can now actually write something poetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment