Monday 3 June 2024

WELL DONE TO PROTECT THE WILD

 

It's our birthday! Protect the Wild is now 9 years old!

My name is Rob Pownall and this is one of those emails I really never thought I would be writing. I never imagined that creating a Facebook page (Keep the Ban) in my bedroom at the age of 16 would lead to almost a decade of campaigning and the creation of an actual organisation. 

And in many ways this is an email I wish I wasn't writing. On the one hand I am proud of the fact I am still here and fighting for what's right but on the other hand it is disappointing that in 2024 there is still a need for organisations like ours.

It's now 7 years since I stood outside Downing Street and passionately ranted to the thousands who attended the Make Hunting History March. I remember how proud I felt to be standing up for wildlife even if I was utterly petrified at the time. And I have not lost an ounce of the passion and commitment I had that day. 

And whilst it is ludicrous that there are still those killing wildlife for kicks, I am so pleased with the progress we have made as a movement over the last 9 years. 

Below are just some of the things we have done in the last few years since becoming a non-profit organisation in late 2020. 

Read even more about our work

I'm not going anywhere until people stop harming animals

I am as determined as I have ever been in the fight to protect British wildlife.

And I will continue to devote every day of my life to ensure animals have the freedom to live without fear of being hunted or shot for 'fun'. 

Protect the Wild doesn't have any big donors or govt funding of any kind. All of the above that we have achieved is thanks solely to our wonderful supporters who all chip in what they can. And I am so proud of the people that stand in our corner. 

We use every penny so effectively in the fight to protect wildlife. Whether it's undercover work, animations, direct action, outreach and demos, petitioning or pressure campaigning. We do absolutely anything and everything we legally can to stand up for wild animals. 

We continue to go from strength to strength because more and more compassionate people decide to back what Protect the Wild does. And I couldn't be happier with the small team that now work for Protect the Wild!

So if you agree with my beliefs and what we stand for and you can afford to do so please consider donating an hour's wage to us each month, it’ll help secure our future and ensure we can continue to fight hard to protect British Wildlife.

Hopefully we won't need to be around in 9 years time but best believe I will be alive and kicking for however long wildlife needs us.

Rob Pownall
Founder, Protect the Wild
Facebook
X
Website
Instagram
YouTube
Copyright © 2024 PROTECT THE WILD LTD, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
PROTECT THE WILD LTD
71-75 Shelton Street
Covent Garden
LondonLondon WC2H 9JQ
United Kingdom

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment