Thursday 29 April 2021

AN OMISSION

It’s an addendum to yesterday’s terrific day. Or being honest I forgot and how could I? We were concentrating on the new arrivals and we knew what we hoped to see. I know they can be difficult to even spot as they dash between trees. They are skulkers and after flying past they can disappear easily into the foliage. We had about half a dozen or so fly through and I managed to follow one into a tree. In shade with leaves flickering it had to be a female. So discreet! Then sharp eyes pointed out a golden ball of colour in a dark foliage hole of a tree. It was the male and this morning I saw Bry’s photo to prove it. Golden Orioles of course - Oropendola


We had a good end to our day with the Spotted Fly and they managed a Whinchat - Tarabilla Norteña on their way home. 


It’s all on his blog with stacks of photos. Take a look why don’t you.

No comments:

Post a Comment