Thursday 31 January 2019

NAKED BREXIT RE-NEGOTIATIONS GET A SOAKING FROM SECOND HAND EUROPEAN PLONK.

I am sick of hearing of any talk on BREXIT. I know that it is essential and it could be that the U.K. will no longer be a member of The European Union soon. (or could it be later?)

We are not and never have been in a divorce situation when the ‘Peoples Referendum’ decreed that we should no longer be that strongly aligned with mainland Europe and thankfully, we never joined the Euro. It has been a one sided affair with the bureaucrats in Brussels taking and maintaining an intransigent stance on any discussion on the separation. It seems the Irish ministers are of the same ilk and with everyone talking about ‘our further working relationship’ it seems pointless to keep on listening. However, it should be affable, in the interests of the masses because we all have to continue to live, eat and be employed.

In this game of brinkmanship who will be the losers and I am sure it will not be those un-elected bureaucrats. They will still be wearing their shiny suits and spending well on their expense accounts, no doubt. What a mess it is and I don't mean just for the Brits.

I voted to REMAIN and I could not see how our membership was not worthwhile to continue. Two years have gone by and Europe has moved on and there have been significant changes. Who can say that we will be better off within a changing and more Federalist political entity? Maybe we could have been?

For me, I think humour, paints the fastest picture into our minds. The Times Cartoonists are brilliant and today the most pointed, pertinent with the one that says it all. YOU CAN PISS OFF.
I love this cartoon even though it is crude and, I ask this question, is a naked bureaucrat ever good to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment