Thursday 14 July 2022

BLOG UPDATE AND THANKS FOR THE INTEREST ON TRUMPETER FINCHES -CAMACHUELA TROMPETERO

 BLOG UPDATE


I have two blogs on the go at the moment. My first one at blogspot will now only receive reports and articles relating to all forms of wild life including, sadly, criminal activities by a few that bear a significant disproportionate responsibility for killing of those animals we should all cherish. I am compiling a poetry collection on wildlife that I intend to publish.


We are also working on a particular species of Finch - Trumpeters/ Camuchuela Trompetero and we are in contact with other birders and with the University of Alicante who have an ongoing project. I have noticed that posts relating to these finches have received many viewings.


The challenge from now on is maintain our interest - which we will do - and to ascertain where these birds go outside of the breeding season.


With photographs we are beginning to identify individual birds. We have the list of rings that have been put onto mist-netted birds. The camera allows for the reading of numbers. I love this project as it gives me a focus and at the same time allows for the seeing other species too.


My Wordpress blog jejohnedwards@wordpress.com is for my writing although there is a cross-over with my poetry and wildlife interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment