Monday 6 October 2014

San Pedro del Pinatar

An early morning visit to the salinas provided me with a very beautiful sunrise, a temperature of 21 degrees, no wind and a calm sea. Two bats (not pops.) flew over the saturated dunes and Stonechats flew. The beach car park was a lagoon and because of the rain the vegetation was sprouting some fresh green shoots. I will have a good look at the waders here as the PHOTOGENICS Camera Club want to focus their cameras on the birds. I then went to the edge of The Mar Menor which is separated from the Salinas by a walkway. Here I found about one hundred Black-necked Grebe feeding and on the edge of the sea there were four Sanderling and three Turnstones. Tomorrow I will spend more time there and hopefully finish with some photographic evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment