Tuesday 25 March 2014

A single moment when I had a bird book with me in bar brought about an introduction with a local Spanish man. On his small parcel of land hidden by a rise of the land and only five minutes from my home he heard regularly Eagle Owl(Buho Real). Yesterday evening I sat with him (and his dogs) listening at the sounds of the evening. In the meantime we sipped away at Vino Tinto before he lit a fire to cook the meat he had bought. Afterwards with the light fading, with numerous Stone Curlew calling, with Little Owl (Morchuela) answering back, I then heard the big one call very loudly and then up towards the ridge opposite it flew around and then perched. I handed Enrique my glasses and he then saw it too. That surely is the way to spend an evening peacefully, listening and watching. I know there is more to see up there

No comments:

Post a Comment