Wednesday 24 April 2013

SUNDAY

Sunday morning came at a good pace and I investigated the birds in Central Park. There was not that much on show but I did identify a Brown Tree-creeper with the rest being the ubiquitous House Sparrows, Swallows, Starlings but being outnumbered by American Robins. Canada Geese swam on the lake, Stock Doves flew and I am left with one to identify but now I know where all the meeting points are for later in the week.

I caught up with myself while others were shopping. After a siesta, drinks in the bar we made the mistake of eating in The Hard Rock CafĂ© in Times Square. This was a mistake for this was the worst one that we have been to. Mediocre at the best and we should have looked at ‘Tripadvisor’ before we went there. I can quote the usual advice preparing to plan etc…… You can read Neal’s superb, to the point, criticism on their website. We didn’t dally and then back for a coffee and a chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment