Friday 12 April 2013

BIRTHDAY MONTH IS NOW REALLY HAPPENING!

LISTEN UP LOOK UP. I know that it has been Michelle’s birthday month for a few days now but I haven’t been taking that much notice – so far and I think that I have been getting away with it! Would you believe that two friends from the early 90’s are here in Spain just to celebrate with us. We met them in Florida, they live in Folkestone and they are here for her. We saw them yesterday, lunched with them in L’Afaz de Pi and chatted for hours. Well that is what good friends are for isn’t it?

Things are winding up, events are getting closer. Sister Jos arrived from Woodhouse Eves on Wednesday evening before the bars close, of course. There will be another trip to the airport on Friday evening where two lovely people, Rachel and Claudio will be arriving from Schipol which will require more eating and drinking. However it will be good to talk and catch up.

On Saturday things will definitely hot up with a lunch-time barbeque here followed by another noisy, hectic evening in The Stray Sod. A few snacks laid on for forty people, but some will have eaten, some will arrive early and some will not stay that late. The ancient and the infirm will decline but the aged ones will insist on their early to bed philosophy and we can’t possible sleep in the day syndrome! It’s great you know, a siesta, for it stops you falling asleep with a glass in your hand. Some will come later and stay with us to the boozey, rumbustious end.

Unfortunately Neal and Robbie will not be here but we will see them on Thursday week when we meet up for some Real Ale when we overnight in preparation for our flight the following morning to New York. Then it will be all go as we have lots of things planned. We had a great time two years ago and I don’t see that this should be anything other than wonderful. There are different things planned – compared with last time. I am now really looking forward to it all for it should be a great trip.

In the present Lee, our personal hairdresser is here (Wednesday afternoon). I didn’t want a colour this time but Michelle has had the full treatment. She now has blonde roots - fantastic. Of course there has to be more pampering for eyebrows and hairy legs. I wonder what they do with those obsolete bits. Horse hair mattresses are now out of fashion but we would have to search for a modern use other than birds’ nests. Sell them to the Chinese, I suppose.

I am looking forward to the 3 Magpies and The White Hart for real beer!

The next time I blog I could be in Manhattan.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting patiently for the NY blog but I understand if you don't you are just having too good a time. I've had a busy week birding on Las Ramblas Golf. Have found a green woodpecker nest and I hope a hoopoe nest, seen a serin, greenfinch AND a spotless starling.

    Enjoy having a good time in NY. Elaine.

    ReplyDelete