Friday 8 March 2019

WILL DEAN WITH HIS NEW ONE - RED SNOW

MORE MURDERS IN SWEDEN

WILL DEAN AND HIS FOLLOW UP CRIME NOVEL, RED SNOW.

Shall I ever be able to enjoy licorice again and even if I was tempted I would not think of buying it from the Grimberg factory in Gavrik, Sweden. That's what this story did for me and I love licorice!

Will Dean, the author of ‘Dark Pines’ has followed up with his recently published ‘Red Snow’.
I began to love Tuva Moodyson in the first book as he has created a terrific character to carry the story. She is some lucky girl. Not a cop, but a journalist who tells it through her eyes.

It is great to have a location that wraps itself around you and not every book is set in an environment below zero in a monolith of a licorice factory in Scandinavia. The scene is described in detail and there is a lot of it and it did not detract one iota from the telling.

Some participants walk back in from Dark Pines, but he has added the factory owners with their special history and made the town an important part of the story too, so much so that you can feel it and to be part of it. Terrific. It made me want more.

Anticipation runs throughout and, yes, I did wonder think what would finally occur, but I never got anywhere near this ending. What a way to finish a story!

If you are searching for something different to read then these books could fit ‘your bill’. I will never give anything away as the front cover tells you enough to give the gist of what could be inside. (Unless it's a Kindle in your hand). Okay, if you expect a ‘review’ to find fault or to comment adversely then maybe I could, but that is for you; to form your own opinion.

It's different and I have enough impertinence to say this - ‘you could read Dark Pines first and start to fall in love with Tuva’. Now there's a challenge. Just take it, why don't you?

ISBN 978-1-78607-385-3 for Wild Pines
ISBN 978-1-78607-479-9 for Red Snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment