Thursday 9 October 2014

PHOTOGENICS at San Pedro

PHOTOGENICS visit the Salinas at San Pedro del Pinatar

For those that wanted to see the sun rise on Tuesday morning over the Mediterranean Sea then they needed to be in place by 7.30am to ensure that they were ready for an 8.03 view. Eight cameras were poised and ready.
The purpose of the day then moved onto birds as most of them had little or no knowledge of or had no experience of this type of photography. We were easily able to find Kentish Plovers but as distance is always the problem we moved along the salinas towards the main road. Here, again we saw Plovers, two nearby Black-necked Grebe, immature Flamingos, flying Black-winged Stilt and Black-tailed Godwit. There was not an large numbers of birds around and some were definitely noticeably not around. This is the time when the scope is so valuable for this proved to be the best find for me when I initially though that I had located a Wood Sandpiper I was soon to discover that I was not correct. We posted a view of it on Face Book and I am still having some fun over what it could be. I will post a photograph of it later.
Earlier, on the wooden fencing, there were spiders webs and Paul photographed it. Identification to come later maybe!
I will find out how successful this morning was when I meet the photographers next Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment